Monday, May 3, 2010

Showdown

Honestly, as Cat pointed out, I'm such an indecisive whiner when it comes to some situations. This post is about my struggle to withdraw Seo Yeon from Praise or not. 

Here's my justification list (in increasing order of seriousness) to withdraw:
- Didn't hand me basic information sheets after registration
  (basically to inform me of centre closing dates, curriculum, etc.).
- Forgot to tell me every Thursday was 'Water Play' day.
  Seo Yeon loves to play with water, you know....
- Not clear about Seo Yeon's Friday arrangement 
  (attends afternoon, not morning, session).
  Thus, didn't hand me her activity files to bring home on Thursday.
- Unfortunately let me spot Seo Yeon's classmate pushing her to the ground
  (after a 'scuttle' for a Pooh tricycle) without addressing the inappropriateness of 
   behaviour with the other little girl.
- Obviously not very skilled at cleaning babies' bottoms.
  3 times I had to clear the 'leftovers'. 3rd time was worst.
- Let Seo Yeon sleep on bare floor near window. No makeshift pillow / mattress. 
  Just a reply that went,
  "She just fell asleep.... Oh, I didn't know that she had a mattress..."
   I PAID FOR A MATTRESS YOU KNOW?!

I whined and whimpered and tried to get everyone's vote on getting Seo Yeon out of the school. I'd find a new thing to say everyday. I'd observe the goings-on in school and conclude that they're just not up to it. 

I slept it out last night. I told myself, I chose this school in the first place because I really liked the environment and they were able to suit my schedule on Fridays. I liked the non-air conditioned classrooms, the outdoor playground, the Christian connection, the teachers and principal seemed sincere, and so on.

So, the only right thing to do was to have a 'showdown' with the Principal and pour out my grievances. I guess it was the only thing to do, to be fair to the school and myself (and to those who listened to me for those few days, THANK YOU!). I should not be expecting them to be able to read my mind about my unhappiness. 

After half an hour in Teacher Vicky's room, I came out feeling much better and sincerely decided to give them another chance as Teacher Vicky did apologise profusely. Never mind that on this same day, I find Seo Yeon's bottom soiled for the 3rd time, I just gave them ONE MORE CHANCE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ehhh .. I said indecisive.. never said you are a whinner hor.. hahaa

Estelle Chan said...

You are always so nice & forgiving...

mommykim said...

mpb, haha, i said it out for you la.

estellemommy, nice & forgiving... haha... that's why turn out to be indecisive?