Saturday, May 29, 2010

Zoo, NHG Family Day, OH NO!


Boy! Tona and Serene were sure smart to have told me that they weren't keen to go to the zoo this Saturday. They must have predicted the throngs that would be invading the zoo since it's the school holiday start + long weekend. Cat was sick, so I wasn't about to ask her. Cynthia, her son just got discharged from hospital, I guess not. Lana, in Australia... plus we just went together when you visited. I don't think my cousin would be buying her an air ticket just to go to the zoo with us. Lol. Sharon, her hubby out of town. I went through my list and decided to go just the 4 of us. By the way, Grandpa and Grandma not interested at all. In fact, the tickets were complimentary from my mother, aka Grandma. A 'get out of the house and let me rest' order.

Hmm... what's this long queue of cars along the road to the Zoo? We realised that these cars were parked, stationary, not waiting in queue. Finally, it dawned upon us, as we got nearer to the entrance of the Zoo, that the carpark was so full that the cars had to park along the road! The kids and I got dropped off first while PapaKim drove the car to Yishun Stadium. Yikes.

The 3 of us had already visited the White Tiger, Pygmy Hippo, the Kangaroos and Emus at 'The Outback', and were resting with the Baboons, and PapaKim was still not here. Never mind that, as soon as we found a bench in the shade to rest on, I immediately fished out the snacks that I had packed for the girls to eat in order to lighten the load I was carrying. Made them drink those yoghurt juice packs that I lugged along as well.

Finally, PapaKim was here.

We decided to finish the rest of the visit on with the help of the tram. Gosh... The weather wasn't helping one bit. The crowd was a challenge! Even the Orang Utan was quite amazed by the crowd and came to hang out near Ah Meng restaurant, quite a distance from their enclosure.
Remind me, never ever to go on a weekend during the school holidays, especially when it coincides with NHG's Family Day event.

But as always, what's most important is, they enjoyed themselves!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

more pics pls !!!!

I wana go too. .. but I would have died in the heat

mommykim said...

sigh... i am now cameraless plus i can't really shoot well with so much barang.

i think it's a miracle that I came back without a sunstroke or dehydration problems. Lol.

Anonymous said...

i remember mr kim has one ? BIG one