Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Berries... & Cough Syrup

SY's cough took a turn for the worse today. *cough cough cough* poor gal...
but it was sooo cool at night when I was reading them bedtime stories. I finally gave her the chance to show me how well she could repeat after me. She said, "ooon" i.e. 'moon', she said, "uuun" i.e. 'sun'. I'm over the moon :)

En Bi's lesson at B*rries today was as per normal. Teacher don't even bother to greet us when we walked into the classroom. Back facing us, continue to prepare for the lesson. Assistant teacher made some feeble attempt to get En Bi's attention. As my brother would say, "Lame.".

I've been psychoed for the past few weeks by En Bi's classmate's granny that there are 2 other teachers that are 'absolutely wonderful'. They know how to get the child's attention as soon as the child enters the classroom and make the transition very smooth for the child's parents/caregiver to leave the classroom. Apparently, the lesson is so fun for the child that the child chooses to speak Mandarin at home! Isn't that what we all want to achieve from sending our children to all these enrichment?

So guess what? I requested for her to be in that teacher's class, nevermind that it's N2, not N1. (Anyway, the rest of the kids in N1 are born in June or after. Different wavelength, you know how fast kids learn these days.) The admin lady told me she'd get back to me, but it seems that they are pretty set on their 'calender year' grouping.... *cross fingers*

No comments: