Friday, February 5, 2010

To upgrade or not?

Berries called me up today, very true to their promise to call me within the week. They told me that they were reluctant to upgrade her to N2 but if I am so insistent on letting En Bi try it out, they said they will allow it. Their only concern was the last term, where they have seen it being a little tough on the younger N2 children, leading to a disinterest in learning Mandarin. Now, that would defeat the whole purpose of sending En Bi there, right? 

The main push factor to move En Bi out of the current N1 class was the teacher, like I mentioned previously. Of course, I'm also so bowled over by the granny's praises of Teacher 王 that I'm bent on changing classes. The timing is the 3rd factor. Teacher 王 has 2 N1 classes but not at very fantastic timings.

Conclusion: I've decided to let En Bi try Teacher 王's N1 class next Monday night and then decide again. 

To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question.

No comments: