Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Cute Shoes & Hi Tea

I must say the highlights of today was FIRST: 2 pairs of 귀어운 i.e. "cute cute" shoes for Seo Yeon. Just wonderful :) Thanks PLF and Catherine of course... my source to the endless things to buy on Earth. Wanted to get a pair for En Bi too but there was only half a thumb of allowance at the front. Dropped the idea.

Then, the next highlight. It's not the food that left such an indelible mark on me, rather, it was the service (or lack of it?) that we would not expect from eq*inox. The best part about the waitress that was serving our section - No smiles. Makes you wonder whether she just got a botox jab and couldn't smile because it was too expensive and the muscles still numbed. 

Anyway, she refilled Ma's cup of coffee almost to the brim.

Ma: Fill to the brim how I pour milk in?
Me: Ok, I let the waitress know.

I call to a person who seems to be the Manager, who stopped to chat with other customers before getting to me.

Manager: Yes, how may I help you?
Me: The coffee's filled to the brim. My Ma can't add milk to it.
Manager: Ok, I shall get you a new cup.

10 minutes later.... still no new cup of coffee.
I called out to Manager again to ask for the coffee.
He indicates to R to get us a cup of coffee.
Half a cup of coffee arrives at the table.

Ma: Look, only half a cup of coffee.
Me: .........
Ma calls to waitress R, who in turn explains that the Manager asked her to pour us half a cup of coffee.
Ma: Please fill it 3/4 full. I can't possibly be adding almost half a cup of milk to the coffee.
R tries to recover the situation by saying that everything was just miscommunication.

Finally, we got, what we think is an appropriate amount of coffee, poured in the coffee cup.

Service: 2/10
Food: 6/10
Atmosphere: 2/10 (They placed us by the window - yes, but with enough sun to make my freckles surface almost immediately.)

That's that for today. And I'm still up searching for a blogskin.

No comments: