Sunday, April 18, 2010

"Don't like..."

She said "싫어요!" today when Papakim asked her whether she wanted her eggs scrambled, not knowing that she actually loves her eggs hard-boiled. In any case, Papakim was surprised that En Bi was able to say that (we hardly get any response from her in Korean) and was secretly pleased, though the answer wasn't exactly what he wanted to hear. (That phrase actually means "I don't like!".) Of course, he had to show some displeasure and said, "Of all things to learn in school..."

Later on in the day, while I was filing up the weekly education plan, newsletter, and updates from the Korean Church Kindergarten, I glanced quickly at what they had taught for the past week and saw '싫어요/좋아요' (pronounced: 'shilohyo' / 'chohayo') under the row. AHA! Now we know where Miss En Bi learnt that from. Not from her little Korean friends, like what I was thinking, but rather from what was actually being taught in class. Cool....


Since we're at this, I thought that I would share what is being taught at the Korean kindy. Like I mentioned to many mommies, no English and Mandarin taught in school. All conversations in Korean. No Maths! Not even Korean alphabet?! Nevertheless, I'm pretty much happy about the things that are taught there. Look below for an example of the plan for April Week of 12 - 16 (click to view bigger image).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

at least she's having fun and picking up korean