Monday, April 19, 2010

To School, To Praise, Here we come!

A string of events and we've come to Seo Yeon's 1st day at school! 



On this first day, we made logistics arrangements so that I would be spending my time at Praise Kids just to be on 'standby' mode while Seo Yeon gets her first day of being in a Playgroup.

Dressed up in her all-too-huge (even though it's a size 'S') white polo t-shirt and  lime green skort, she looked oh-so-adorable. I really couldn't bear to put my little cupcake in school. But hey, we gotta share the goodies eh? So, I decided I'd just let others see how cute a cupcake she is and let her teachers and newfound friends spend some time with her.

Her first day started off with teachers slathering on anti-mosquito repellant and then scooting her out with her friends to the outdoor playground. I stayed inside the classroom to observe her and boy was she lucky, there was her favourite outdoor playground toy, the HOUSE! And not 1, but 2 of them! She spent most of her time opening and closing the windows, walking in and out of the houses, and not forgetting to 'check on Mommy' every 2 minutes. 

Before the playground session ended, I decided to make my way out of the class and observe from outside. She only had 1 incident of howling, which was to demand to be let into the outdoor playground again. Well, at least it wasn't howling to see Mommy.

12.15pm came quickly, I even had time to squeeze in a coffee break with Cat, and then back to KPC Praise Kids again to pick SY up and whisk her away for lunch with PapaKim. 

Oh boy did she give me the biggest hug in the world! She squeezed me when I swept her up in my arms like there was no tomorrow. Dear, dear, that's how much you miss Mommy? She gave me her usual toothy, cheeky smile which made me think momentarily, "Should I just let her skip school?". But of course, that thought was brushed out of the way pretty quickly and I replaced them quickly with positive thoughts like how well she did for her 1st day at school.

Her favourite Jajangmyeon (Black bean sauce noodles) for lunch at a nearby Korean-Chinese restaurant. It all ended nicely with a nap in the car on the way back home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big Hugs on a successful 1st day to SY !!