Sunday, April 11, 2010

Farewell Lana! Till we meet again!

Today marked the end of the 5-day trip of the Nguyens in Singapore. Oh! It was a short trip... Juanita, my cousin, usually stays in Singapore for at least 2 weeks each visit. Well, this time the visit was cut short because they spent the other half of their holiday in Bangkok. Just as well, I guess. Got to have some variety in the holiday destinations eh?

What's so special about this trip? We got to see lovely Lana! Such a cute little thing. The last time we saw her was when she was only a 6-month-old chubby baby. Now, this 2.5 year-old girl is running around, climbing up and down, with no care in the world.

I love it when she gives me countless kisses on my cheek without me even asking for it. I feel her sadness when it comes to farewells because she doesn't want to say 'goodbye' to us. Such a gentle bub.

I am really glad that I have more time to spend with the Nguyens this time. Previously, I was still working and hardly had any time to spend with time, short of taking a day off to bring them around. Even then, it's very different this time as I had the time to bring them around and also because we had the girls with us.

En Bi and Seo Yeon simply loved having Lana around. It was as if they had been playing together ever since. En Bi and Lana are just 8 months apart while Seo Yeon is a year younger than Lana. And Juanita is expecting another addition to the family soon. The timing is impeccable, one after the other! If only we stayed in the same country, they would be inseparable playmates! Just like Juanita and I, we're more than cousins, we're like sisters. 

So we sent them off to the airport this morning. Really glad that there technology has improved so rapidly, what with all the airplanes, mobile phones, internet, etc. It felt like they were going home in another town just nearby and not another country. No boohoo farewells where the separation at the gates only brought sadness, but happy goodbyes knowing that this was a good trip and we will see each other soon.

Goodbye Nguyens and see you soon! 

No comments: