Friday, June 18, 2010

Art Boot Camp - Flowers! Flowers! Flowers!

Ta Da! Presenting En Bi's inaugural painting! I decided to enrol En Bi for a holiday art program at Art Boot Camp just simply because Cat passed me the brochure when we were at Turf  City. It  was simple for me, I was looking for a holiday program and wanted En Bi to try Art, and that was my answer!

En Bi was excited when she knew that she was going to paint. However, she got a little hesitant when we were at Art Boot Camp and she was holding on to my hand and telling me not to go. But as soon as her hands got hold of a paintbrush, voila! Mommy seemed to have become non-existent.

At the end of the 3-day "Flowers! Flowers! Flowers!" workshop, she was proud to present me with:
- 2 beautifully hand-decorated flowerpots;
- Handmade "Butterfly" and "Ant" made of foam;
- Photoframe painted and decoated with a Butterfly;
- A painting of Flowers and Trees!

I love those works of art that my daughter made. You might say it could also be replicated at home, but I guess, I excuse myself from doing it because I'm neither too creative nor artistic, plus, I really like her to be placed in a classroom environment even during the holidays to keep the momentum going.
 

No comments: