Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wine Tasting, Cantonese Zi Char, & World Cup 2010

My good friend and her good friend (I like her good friend, and she's now also become my friend!) decided to celebrate my birthday for me a little earlier this year. So where were we heading for?

1. The Wine Gallery
Apparently, that's a place they like to frequent. To taste wine and then buy bottles of wine back to drink. Yes, they drink wine like water.... It was a first wine tasting session for PapaKim and I. We enjoyed ourselves lots! They ended up buying about 3 bottles each while PapaKim and I were happy munching on some crackers at the end of our wine tasting session. Oh, by the way, did I mention that the kids were at home, babysitting services complimentary of their lovely Grandparents. *Big Smile*

2. Cantonese Zi Char @ Keong Saik Road
Ok, not the coolest place to be seen, in fact, sleazy? Haha... But hey, the food was great! So, who's complaining? They even opened a bottle of wine to make the celebration a little more yummy!

3. World Cup Match: South Korea vs. Greece @ Mana Mana Beach Club
We had to swing back home to get the girls as the "complimentary service" only lasted us that long. The place was terribly crowded. I mean, seriously, like the TV was Beyonce or something. The number of people that surrounded the huge screen showing the soccer match was unbelieveable. I went nowhere near them and was pretty much content sitting at the table since I had to feed the 2 girls and try to make at least 1 of them fall asleep. The day ended on a beautiful note for PapaKim as South Korea won the match! 대한민국! 필승 코리아!

Thanks Xinyi & Lena!

No comments: