Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Kids Cafe & Beer Time

Oh no, please don't misunderstand. LOL. I didn't bring my gals to the Kids Cafe for beer. My girlfriend met me at the department store and after a short while, we got tired lugging the girls around. She then exclaimed, "Hey, there's a kids cafe here!". I was baffled, "What's that?", even then, I already found myself heading towards this place because I really needed to take a breather.


Apparently, there are many kids cafes dotting the city. Most Korean stay-at-home mommies often take a breather from looking after the kids and housework by meeting up with other mommies or friends at kids cafe. It's a very simple concept, eat, drink, chat, while your children enjoy themselves at the playpad within sight. Why can't we have more of this in Singapore? Then I wouldn't need to limit myself to eating at places that have high chairs....

Dinner appointment with my ex-colleagues at our place. Junghwa bought braised pork knuckle, steamed kimchi dumplings and bottles of soju and rice wine! Reliving the days when we often drank the night away after work. Then, PapaKim came back from work and offered to bring us for beer. On lah! No way the girls wanted to sleep with all the commotion, and having a late afternoon nap didn't help, so we all made our way to the hof downstairs for a drink. This also marked the end of our stay in Seoul.

1 comment:

Alice Law said...

Wow... such an excellent concept for the SAHM to gather and chit chatting! Now I wish I'm staying in Korea.:)