Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Day

PapaKim brought us girls out for dinner today to celebrate my birthday. In order to reminisce the days we had yummy BBQ clams by the sea, he decided to bring me to eat BBQ clams at a Korean restaurant that brought the clams in from Jeju Island.

But of course, how could a air-conditioned restaurant setting compare to the beautiful sight and sounds that are found by the sea? Nevertheless, I think I enjoyed the quality of the clams and most of all, the company!

The girls were having fun looking at the clams go "Pop!" when they were cooked, but they drew the line there. "Uh uh, no way, Mom, I'm not going to eat that strange looking piece of flesh in the shell." So, great! PapaKim and I had the clams all to ourselves! Not to forget, a cool, refreshing bottle of soju to complement these fresh clams. Oh, and there were 3 mini octopuses too..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummy yummy .. i'm going there next week "hopefully" .. hehehee

Alice Law said...

A happy belated birthday to you! Wow, jeju clams... very tempting to try!